15+ Amazing Facts on Great Barrier Reef and 12+ on Whitehaven Beach|
Here are several exciting and enjoyable facts about the Great Barrier Reef:
• The Great Barrier Reef as we know it today, began to form over 2 million years ago and is constantly changing in size and structure.
• There are over 900 atolls inside the Great Barrier Ridge Oceanic Park.
• The Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority or GBRMPA, is supervise for the well-being and safety of the reef.
• It is the biggest reef structure in the world.
• Over 2,000 types of animals call the reef home, comprising over 1,500 classes of fish, over 200 sorts of birds, 6 kinds of marine turtles and over 30 species of whales and dolphins.
• The Great Barrier Reef expanses over 2,300 kilometres down the East Coastline of Australia.
• It covers 344,400 km2
• Reefs only contribute about 7% to the entirety of the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park, with islands, cays, mangroves, sand, algal and sponge gardens and sea grass making up the rest.
• There are 600 types of soft and hard corals that make up the reef.
• It is said that 10% of the world’s fish population is found on the reef.
• The Great Barrier Reef is situated in the Coral Marine.
• About 2,000,000 people visit the Great Barrier Reef every year.
• The Great Barrier Reef was termed UNESCO World Heritage listed part in 1981
• The Reef covers an area from the Torres Strait to Bundaberg, in Northern Queensland
• Google deals an ‘underwater path view’ of the Great Barrier Reef where you can practically swim around the reefs for a first-needle opinion of view
The Great Barrier Reef continues to flourish and rise every day, instructing us remarkable things about its varied ecosystem and native residents. It is one of the most beautiful and astonishing places in the world and a national icon of Australia. As a source of national pride, it continues to be protected and cared for by its protectors, in hopes that it will be around for many, many generations to come.
It is situated on Australia’s Whitsunday Island. It’s Queensland’s cleanest beach, and is washed by turquoise, green and blue water. It has been nominated the world’s topmost ecological beach. Following are some add stunning facts about Whitehaven Beach.
The impossibly white sand:
It is seven kilometres of unbelievable white sand, which gives it a brilliant, near luminescent color. It is the whitest sand you will find anywhere on earth.
The sand that never retains heat:
The sand on Whitehaven is composed of 98 per cent silica; hence it has a powder-like consistency and doesn’t retain heat. Tourists can walk along its seven kilometres of sand comfortably even in the hottest part of the day. The immaculate beach is the perfect place to relax and sunbathe even at the height of summer.
A beach made of pure silica:
Whitehaven is made of 98% pure silica unlike most beaches in the world. The silica gives the sand its snowy complexion and other unique traits. When compared to regular beach sand that consists of uneven bits of minerals, the silica sand is of a finer grain. Hence it is softer, and has a velvety feel.
Its unusual origin:
The nearby rocks do not have silica, despite the fact that the sand on the beach is made of pure silica. This means that currents carrying the silica ounces must have lifted the sand on the island millions of years ago.
Guidelines have been put in place to preserve the beach in its delightful state. In order not to mar the posh surroundings dogs and cigarettes are not allowed on the beach.
The most photographed beach:
The Whitehaven is the best snapped beach of Australia.
Beautiful fusion of colors:
To create beautiful fusion of colors a tuning cove shifts the tide from sand and water of Whitehaven beach.
A trip to Whitehaven is unforgettable: International holiday packages include many exotic luxury cruises to Whitehaven Beach, which makes it a memorable trip for visitors.
The right destination for those who love adventure:
If you love adventure, you can include activities like sea kayaking, rafting, etc. in your international holiday package to Whitehaven beach. The beach also offers a lot of fun activities for tourists.
Worth for money holiday:
A tour to Whitehaven Beach matches effortlessly with the budget of any person as it is extremely affordable. To make their stay comfortable there are hotel accommodations and dining amenities that are further ordinary and compromise full comfort to tourists.
What you’ll love about Whitehaven Beach:
he pure, pristine environment
Whitehaven Beach is in the heart of the Great Barrier Reef and is protected by the Whitsunday Islands National Park.
It’s an easy trip from Hamilton Island:
On a high-speed catamaran Whitehaven Beach is just a 30-minute trip. And international holiday packages include many day trips and tours to Whitehaven Beach. You can sail to the beach on one of the island’s yachts or explore the beach via a seaplane or helicopter from the island.
Why is the Great Barrier Reef so special?
The Great Barrier Reef Marine Park is one of the natural phenomenon of the world. It is without a doubt one of the most beautiful places in the world and can, in fact, been seen from outer space.
It is the world’s largest lone living organization, made up of millions and millions of creatures and over 2,900 separate ridges.
How you can see the Great Barrier Reef?
You can see this attractive area of the world for yourself by linking an overnight or day tour that will bring you to some of its finest destinations including braid reefs, Outer Reefs, Whitehaven Beach, Hill Inlet Lookout and more!